We only use a few cookies purely needed for our site to work properly. We don't use any that track you around the internet.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Necessary functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website and the apps it uses to provide their required functions and remember choices you make. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Issue & performance monitoring cookies: These cookies track how users use our website (only) and enable us to monitor and resolve any problems and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to identify broken pages, broken navigation, inbound links to pages that don't exist, ensure sufficient server capacity, count visits and identify traffic sources.
What is a cookie?
- A "cookie" is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies can be either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again, i.e. to save preferences you have set; or
- Rumoured mystical delicious baked treats from a past era perhaps containing chocolate chips
Can I block cookies?
- Because the only cookies we use are necessary for the proper functioning of our site, we use no optional cookies. Because we don't use them, we don't have a facility to turn off optional cookies (unlike many websites who use them for advertising purposes etc).
- Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you will not be able to access or browse all or parts of our site properly as its navigation depends on cookies.